Innovative semiconductor solutions for Smart Driving and IoT (Internet of Things). ST offers one of the industry’s broadest product portfolios.
The BD139 from STMicroelectronics is a through hole NPN complementary low voltage transistor in TO-126 (SOT-32) package. This device manufactured in epitaxial planar technology. Used for audio amplifiers and drivers, utilizing complementary or quasi complementary circuits.
- Collector to emitter voltage (Vce) is 80V
- Collector current (Ic) is 1.5A
- Power dissipation (Pd) is 12.5W
- Collector to emitter saturation voltage of 500mV at 0.5A collector current
- DC current gain (hFE) of 25 at 0.5A collector current
- Operating junction temperature range from 150°C
Power Management ICs - PMIC
The L5973D013TR is a step-down monolithic power Switching Regulator with a minimum switch current limit of 2.5A so it is able to deliver more than 2A DC current to the load depending on the application conditions. The output voltage can be set from 1.235 to 35V. The device uses an internal P-channel D-MOS transistor (with a typical Rdson of 250mR) as switching element to minimize the size of the external components. An internal oscillator fixes the switching frequency at 250kHz. Having a minimum input voltage of 4V only, it is particularly suitable for 5V bus. Pulse by pulse current limit with the internal frequency modulation offers an effective constant current short-circuit protection.
- Inhibit for zero current consumption
- Internal current limiting
- Protection against feedback disconnection
- Thermal shutdown
- Voltage feed-forward
- Zero load current operation
- Low dropout operation – 100% duty cycle
Power Management ICs - PMIC
The L78M05CDT-TR is a three-terminal positive Voltage Regulator with several fixed output voltages, making it useful in a wide range of applications. This regulator can provide local on-card regulation, eliminating the distribution problems associated with single point regulation. Each type employs internal current limiting, thermal shutdown and safe area protection, resulting it essentially indestructible. If adequate heat sinking is provided, they can deliver over 0.5A output current. Although designed primarily as fixed voltage regulators, these devices can be used with external components to obtain adjustable voltage and currents.
- Thermal Overload Protection
- Short-circuit Protection
- Output Transition SOA Protection
- 4% Output Voltage Tolerance
- Guaranteed in Extended Temperature Range
TVS - Transient Voltage Suppressors
The Transil P6KE series Transient Voltage Surge Suppressor Diode provides high overvoltage protection by clamping action. It has instantaneous response to transient over-voltages makes them particularly suited to protect voltage sensitive devices such as MOS Technology and low voltage supplied IC’s.
- 600W (10/1000µs ) Peak pulse power
- 6.8 to 440V Stand-off voltage range
- Unidirectional and bidirectional types
- Low clamping factor
- Fast response time
The SPWF01SA.11 from STMicroelectronics is a Wi-Fi module with integrated antenna, 1.5MB of flash and Wi-Fi full stack. The intelligent Wi-Fi module represents a plug-and-play and standalone 802.11 b/g/n solution for easy integration of wireless internet connectivity features into existing or new products. Configured around a single-chip 802.11 transceiver with integrated PA and comprehensive power management subsystem and an STM32 microcontroller with an extensive GPIO suite, it also incorporates timing clocks and voltage regulators. It is integrated with full featured TCP/IP protocol stack with added web server and additional application service capabilities. For secure end to end communication with the cloud, an SSL/TLS stack is embedded in every module with no licensing charge. The SW package includes an AT command layer interface for user-friendly access to stack functionalities via the UART serial port. It is possible to upgrade module firmware via UART and Over The Air (FOTA).
- 2.4GHz IEEE 802.11 b/g/n transceiver, STM32 ARM Cortex-M3 with 64KB RAM
- WEP/WPA/WPA2 personal security
- System modes such as station, IBSS and miniAP, firmware update via UART and over the air (FOTA)
- TX power is 18.3dBm at 1Mbps DSSS, 13.7dBm at 54Mbps OFDM
- RX sensitivity is -96.0dBm at 1Mbps DSSS, -74.5dBm at 54Mbps OFDM
- 16 configurable GPIOs available, UART interface to host system, advanced low-power modes
- Simple AT command set host interface through UART
- Single voltage supply (3.3V typical), surface mount PCB module
- Industrial temperature range from -40°C to 85°C, FCC/CE/IC/SRRC certified
- Small form factor of 26.92mm x 15.24mm x 2.35mm
These devices are N-channel MDmesh™ V Power MOSFETs based on an innovative proprietary vertical process technology, which is combined with STMicroelectronics’ well-known PowerMESH™ horizontal layout structure. The resulting product has extremely low onresistance, which is unmatched among siliconbased Power MOSFETs, making it especially suitable for applications which require superior power density and outstanding efficiency.
- Worldwide best RDS(on)*area amongst the silicon based devices
- Higher VDSS rating, high dv/dt capability
- Excellent switching performance
- Easy to drive, 100% avalanche tested
Power Management ICs - PMIC
The VND600SP-E is a monolithic 2-channel high side Solid State Relay intended for driving resistive or inductive loads with one side connected to ground. Active VCC pin voltage clamp protects the device against low energy spikes. Built-in thermal shutdown and outputs current limitation protect the chip from over temperature and short circuit. Device turns-off in case of ground pin disconnections.
- Very low standby current
- CMOS compatible input
- Proportional load current sense
- Current sense disable
- Thermal shutdown protection and diagnosis
- Under voltage shutdown
- Overvoltage clamp
- Load current limitation